Nvidia vs. Radeon ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
8800GT is best video card for the price, there is no reason to get any video card other than 8800GT

i just hope 2 things of the 3800 ati or whatever..
A) that its not double the price of the GT- granted it will probably blow it away- i dont wanna dish out 500 bucks for it.

B) its not "double size" the GTs are slim and dont hinder your case at all... so if the Ati one comes out - it better be slim line.

Iam actually opposite of you- Ive only used Ati cards- so Iam hesistant with geforce stuff- even if benchmarks do show its superiority.

My best guess on the 3800... is 400$

Theres no grounds to base that on at all. Just a ballpark, non-educated guess. XD

I hope its cheap. Anything to maybe chance a lower priced ultra. XD

depending on its stats vs the GTX then- if it IS 400ish - Ati is about to make a shiest ton of money.

I know this might **** a ton of people off.. but I for one HOPE that GTX buyers cram there foot in there mouth for buying them when they did, and even more recent from the GT release and Ati's Retaliation about to happen.

"Would you like some ketchup with that foot?"

actually I probably would have.. if :
A) I had a computer that had pci express slots
B) I could afford even it at its low price
C) My computer wasn't 7 years old. *more quiet sobbing*

Oh man I hear you on the PCI-e slots... man was I ever po'd when I went to buy a vid card and I noticed i didnt have any. Now Id have to buy a new motherboard. Needed ram anyway from vista install and HD was too small to hold 1/8 of what i want it to.. not to mention this stock 400watt psu (Dont ask how it hasnt blown up after 2 years of 24/7 use.. and i mean 24/7. I was unemployed for a while and me and my roommate would take 30 hour online gaming shifts. So it was Constant load. no idle LOL) is no good.

Theres nearly a whole new computer. So i said screw it and cut back smoking, nearly quit drinking, havent left the house (other than work) for about 2 months.. And im just a bit over half done.. hahaha.

Its been a long two months.

can you look and see what the max wattage combined for those two are? They should be in a little box underneath.

that looks like 30A i'm going to guess actually coming off.

You can run a Dual-Core CPU and an 8800GT both overclocked if you aren't running a lot of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom