Building a Rig need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
ripples are spikes or drops in voltage.Imagine a smooth line that represents 10 volts..... sometimes it ripples, going to 12v or 7v.
So same thing. Just using a pond's ripple analogy. ---/\/\/\/\---

I totally thought you said nipples o_O

Anywho now that we all know whats on mind...

Haven't heard about the ripples before is this similar to fluctuating voltages?, care to explain?

i'mma look for the post that Sora made a while back...

ok, so its basically fluctuating voltages on the 12 volt rail...

that wouldn't be good...

When i reviewed my power supply i had it hooked up to a multimeter for a day or so and it tell you the lowest and higher voltage it detected, i think it wound up being something like 12.01-12.05

Good stuff :)

ya but it is at a certain scale, they have boundaries that it riples in, if not they dotn sell it, and im preaty sure the riples stay tight, its not gonna really affect you in anyway, i looked up reviews all over the internet, they said the ripling wasnt something to worry about.

ok an update i will probably get the other PSU the Corsair 550w and i am planning on oc'ing my CPU so an aftermarket cooler is needed

also why should i not get a raptor for OS and main games like Crysis and then 320 gb for what ever?

ok an update i will probably get the other PSU the Corsair 550w and i am planning on oc'ing my CPU so an aftermarket cooler is needed

also why should i not get a raptor for OS and main games like Crysis and then 320 gb for what ever?

They cost too much and the performance benefit as compared to a high end sata drive is almost negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom