1st build, high end pc, non-gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still learning about the whole overclocking deal. It is something I would like to pursue, just not sure how to go about it yet. After reading several reviews I will go with the tuniq tower. I am still debating Hard drives- I am not learning towards anyone in particular right now, i'm still reading reviews and comparing them. I have heard good things about the 1TB drives from Seagate and Hitachi. Is there any downside / benefit to having a single 1TB HD as opposed to say a 1 x 120 GB HD and a 1 x 750GB HD?

I am still learning about the whole overclocking deal. It is something I would like to pursue, just not sure how to go about it yet. After reading several reviews I will go with the tuniq tower. I am still debating Hard drives- I am not learning towards anyone in particular right now, i'm still reading reviews and comparing them. I have heard good things about the 1TB drives from Seagate and Hitachi. Is there any downside / benefit to having a single 1TB HD as opposed to say a 1 x 120 GB HD and a 1 x 750GB HD?

It would be considerably cheaper to get drives smaller than 1TB. Probably cheaper to get two 750GB than one 1TB drive, giving you 50% more space.

Whatever you decide, just make sure you get one with a SATA3.0 interface. I was planning on getting five 750GB (RAID5) drives... and yeah... I use that much space, lol.

I'd really recommend on having your primary aim be for a good "Cost Per GB" ratio.

nice biuld so far,

if ur not gamer the 8800gt is not really needed but for the price y not. if should learn how to oc coz u really get way more for ur money that way. my q6600 is at 3.6 now from its orignal 2.4ghz. so get the tuniq tower (thats what i got) or the thermalright ultra 120 xtreme with a fan. u shouldget urs to 3.6 easy

Thanks for the advice,

I decided to go with the GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS4 Rev. 2.0 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard instead of the X38. I am now second guessing my choice of memory. Is it better to have 2 x 2GB sticks or 4 x 1 GB sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom