Building a Rig need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty solid. As mentioned, the Power Supply is a bit much... but everything looks good.

The raptor isnt worth it really, but it looks like you will only be running it for the OS, so it could increase start times a little. I recommend the samsung 226bw monitor, but its a hundred more so its more just preference. For the 8800GT get eVGA, they are the best graphics card company (opinion, but they are leagues ahead of most of the compition) or XFX which i heard is decent also. The cpu heatsink isn't necessary if you are not overclocking.

Yeah looks great. The PSU is fine...better overkill than not having enough power.

3 things I would change though....Swap the Zalman 9500 for a Tuniq Tower, and get the Q6600 from clubit as you can get a guaranteed G0 stepping....and the raptor is a waste of money. Just get a Seagate 7200.11 drive

agreed, a nice 1 tb hdd would probably serve you much better.

from what I've seen and heard all the Q6600 shipping from newegg are GO anyways so it doesn't really matter.

My roommate built a rig with the ip-35 and a q6600 has it running at 3.3ghz 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom