BSOD on format/reinstall ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
ok so I figured I'd just format and reinstall my old machine to try to test for errors but... *dramatic DUN DUN DUNNNNN*
Blue screen of doom !!

ok heres stats: typed, since this is a laptop and I have the BSOD up still.

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectantly exited or been terminated.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop Error Screen, restard your computer. If this screen appears again, followe these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you may need.

If the problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as cashing or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x000000003, 0x82AC0450, 0x82AC05C4, 0x805FA7A8)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

So techies, whatcha think? I've looked up the code and am still confused at whats going wrong here. If it is the harddrive... then Iam screwed- this one was borrowed from a friend and the other one I have is thrashed from age.

Taking out 2 sticks of ram to run on 256 to try and complete reinstall.

***EDIT****
Format- Copy files- install REPEAT
Hmm.. possibly the most annoying thing ever...\\\

**EDIT 2**
Finally got XP up on it, now moving to Tech/Tweaks so I can get this thing running best it can as is.

I ended up formatting the 1 harddrive about 3 times- all using NTFS- only one using "fast"

Dunno what happened finally it installed without a BSOD.
Updated, installed firewall etc, updated again, restart, installed game, played online several hours.. no BSOD OR Black screens... so... something crazy musta happened.. I know I rearranged the Ram (the 1 in slot 1 is now in 2, 2 in 3, 3 in 1 etc) but.. that shouldnt matter.. should it?

First check if all slots are dust free, and then do a Memory Test on system boot using a floopy or CD (its under my sig)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom