Overclocking 8800 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
I've been trying to push my 8800 GTX to the limit because I plan to buy Crysis when it's out, and I'd like to have playable fps on high. Right now I have it at 660/1060 and if I crank it up any higher on either core or memory, the comuter crashes while gaming or benchmarking. Is this normal? Thanks.

uh yea, you can't Overclock something forever. There are limits...
Lower room temparture and get a better cooler for it, that may allow you to OC further..

uh yea, you can't Overclock something forever. There are limits...
Lower room temparture and get a better cooler for it, that may allow you to OC further..

I understand that, I just wantesd to make sure that the crashing was normal, because I read the GTX can tolerate temps of 80+ and I don't think mine has gone higher than mid 70s.

Its not the temps. Even if you had it with really good cooling, there are still upper limits to what you can get out of it. On my gt anything over 700mhz was causing artifacts, and anything over 730 would freeze my computer.

O okay. Well my overclock looks like its in the range of what most people seem to be getting, so I'm satisfied with that I guess. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

limits being your voltage.. weather it be the core or the ram.. its not getting enough voltage limiting the performance it can give you

nothing some volt mods can't help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom