arrrrghhhh....why didn't I just stick with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY CRAPBALLS BATMAN, IT WORKED!!

Unplugged the DVD drive and it works. Who woulda thunk it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Does this mean I have to have it unplugged if I want to use Vista though? Can I plug the SATA cable back in while the computer is on and it will work?

dont ever plug ANYTHIGN while the pc is on...that would be FOOLISH of you to do so.
after the vista install, turn off your pc,psu, and plug the sata cables back in.

dont ever plug ANYTHIGN while the pc is on...that would be FOOLISH of you to do so.
after the vista install, turn off your pc,psu, and plug the sata cables back in.

I agree. haha.

But I will have a problem though if it doesn't work when I do that. I will try that here in a few, I need some drivers installed now.

welp i guess it was fixed- i was going to suggest unplugging some of the newer stuff to test which hardware it could be- as he put it theres not much he coulda messed up "user" wise- so it had to be a internal conflict.

Glad to see it was resolved- Vista is definately a beautiful OS and gets lots of negative feedback for no reason.

Vista is beautiful, but man it eats up resources. I am glad I went from 2GB to 4GB of RAM a few days ago.

And the 8800GT helps too :)

it is beautiful, but still problems.
Im having so many problems right now.
ati tool,core temps, peer guardian wont work

world in conflict works, then quite on me after playing it for some time.

This is my 3rd time going back to vista to see if it has improved, and so far im still very disappointed.

I wont even get into this one. Glad you got it working though. I can tell you why. SATA DVD Drives are newer than Even Vista is. They do not recognize them. Just like many XP discs do not recognize SATA HDD's. So during the install i bet you if you hit f6 to install 3rd party drivers and installed your SATA DVD drivers you wouldtn have crashed.

So technically it was user error and not Microsoft's fault. They did release a workign OS. Considering Vista was done and release a year ago this month. (Business Ediiton was in Nov, rest were in Jan but was finalized in Nov before Business was released) I have yet to have a problem with Vista that i havent caused and solved myself.

This is my 3rd time going back to vista to see if it has improved, and so far im still very disappointed.

Core Temp works fine for me. Also, Peer Guardian has Released a Beta Test of a Version that will work with Vista. Head over here: Torrentbox.com Forums :: View topic - For all you Vista & PeerGuardian Users to see my post & to get the link.

I also stand behind Makaveli - You are going to experience problems - it's a computer!! XP was nowhere near perfect when it came out- it took time for it to get all the kinks ironed out. Give it time and you won't go back. I know I won't.

Do either of you know someone on these forums that can help me?

I really save my weekends for computer gaming, this is going to give me a bad weekend.
Really you will have a bad weekend for not gaming? How about going outside??? Life does not revolve around video games...

Sorry to say but you should have done some research. It says right ont he PeerGuardian site that it is not Vista compatibile. They just released a beta version but before that there was no working PG for Vista.

So you shouldnt be dissappointed with VIsta. Be disappointed with the people who write the software and why they have not made it Vista compatibile yet. It is their fault not Microsoft's. I really wish people would learn that....

HOLY CRAPBALLS BATMAN, IT WORKED!!

Unplugged the DVD drive and it works. Who woulda thunk it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Does this mean I have to have it unplugged if I want to use Vista though? Can I plug the SATA cable back in while the computer is on and it will work?

Glad to see you got it working.

Just curious, what DVD drive do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom