A Ram ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolancer

Daemon Poster
i was looking at the thread below, about memory... and was wondering... the avirage user doesnt realy need good ram, no?

wen i put together a new one, i was planning on getting the cheepest ram i could find, as long as its pc 3200. and not get an nforce2 bourd, since i saw micro's post.

is there something bad about cheep ram, for the average user? im not trying to hit any performance benchmark critearia.. and ram doesnt have any moving parts, so its not going to like break down quicker or something, will it?

Cheap ram can give you TONS of errors and sometimes with errors you might get random restarts and program crashes. You're better off getting something midrange.

IF you get ram get a brand like Corsair, Kingston OCZ , etc. Try to get about CAS 2.5 for some midrange ram .

either explain, or try again

ps. if there are "TONS" of errors ona ram chip, i believe that would be in the same field as Defective. and im not shur its legal for a manufacturrer to sell Defective ram at OEM pricess.

The reason cheap ram is cheap is because of the manufacturing process and the minimal testing

Once you get a few bad sticks like I have, you'll be more skeptical

for anyone reading this... i found my own answer. i noticed all or most ram from good sites have a lifetime warrenty, and most ddr is cas 2.5 anyhow. so im not listening to these spammers. cheep ram is prolly better then the 'Average' user needs. (i did say Average user in the first post right?<i didnt know ppl could be internet deff> )

I am not a spammer . We are just forewarning you that cheap ram is cheap for a reason . I know from personal experience. Cheap ram can make your computer automatically reboot while doing an intensive application like like playing a game . Many ddrs are CAS 3 and you don't want those .:(

"Cheap" is fine if you don't have the money, good luck to ya, but if you have the money then go with the supposedly more expesive because it is faster. Cheaper RAM usually always has CAS 3 timings, which is pretty bad and the basic rule of thumb is you should always get CAS latency 2.5 or lower:confused:

But if you don't believe us that is fine, just next time don't post a topic asking for our help when your not gonna use it and blow us off:p ;)

Very well said merlin. If youre going to blow off any advice given to you dont ask in the first place. As far as the ram goes if all you had to worry about with cheap ram was a little slower performance then i would say go ahead and get it, but cheap ram can cause a ton of errors and that will get real annoying real fast. Just spend a couple of extra bucks and get something a little better. You wont have to deal with the errors and your pc will be faster its a win win situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom