Help me choose a decent oc'ing mobo for a q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
Beginning a new build, need a good motherboard for a q6600. needs to be oc-in friendly. Specs of what i'm getting

2x evga 8800 gt's
intel q6600
sata dvd burner

what i have:
2x36 gig raptors
200 gig hd
alienware case
4x1 gb ddr2
psu

so, mostly i need help with only the motherboard. I kinda want to trade my 2x36 gig raptors for 1x74 gig raptor, so if anyone wants to trade, lmk.

Go with newst technology?
I believe the asus maximus formula supports nvidia SLI.

for 680I get either the P5n 32-ESLI (which ever P5N is 680I)

or asus striker extreme.

well you will either need a 680i motherboard, EVGA makes really good motherboards, or an intel 650i board. The main difference between the two is that the 680i boards have dual 16x PCI-e slots whereas the 650i boards only have 8x PCI-e slots. Stay away from the striker extreme, its incredibly overpriced and not worth the tiny amount of extra OC'ing you get out of the extra 100$.

well you will either need a 680i motherboard, EVGA makes really good motherboards, or an intel 650i board. The main difference between the two is that the 680i boards have dual 16x PCI-e slots whereas the 650i boards only have 8x PCI-e slots. Stay away from the striker extreme, its incredibly overpriced and not worth the tiny amount of extra OC'ing you get out of the extra 100$.

Striker extreme is a very good overclocking motherboard :|.

the evga 680I is just a standard 680I board built by some company and eVGA puts its name on it.

Stirker extreme is my take.

Striker extreme is a very good overclocking motherboard :|.

the evga 680I is just a standard 680I board built by some company and eVGA puts its name on it.

Stirker extreme is my take.

I never said it wasnt a good overclocking board, i even stated that it beats out the EVGA board, but not enough to justify its extra cost. The 680iLt is great, no one works closer with NVDIA then EVGA.

I'm definetly lookin for a board under $210, thats my max. i'll look into the ones given to me, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom