Vista Issue - Nero caused Blue Screen... Vista won't load now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis-X

Baseband Member
Alright, I've been researching this and I have not been able to come to any answers.... I was updating Nero to the latest version in Vista when it suddenly blue-screened... Dumped the memory to hard disk then rebooted... Now everytime Vista goes to load, a blue screen will flash up and then it reboots again. It won't even go to any of the safe modes.... Then when I insert the Vista DVD to go to "Repair computer" it won't fix anything....

I have a triple boot system which also runs XP and Ubuntu... This problem is only related with the Vista install....

Do you guys have any solutions on what to do? I don't see why Nero would cause the whole OS not to boot whatsoever.... Is there a way to erase the startup configuration completely as in deleting it or? Any solutions would be great... Thanks.

Have you tried to just repair the boot not the PC?

Do you mean going through the repair console through the CD?

I haven't messed with the repair console before so I'm a little iffy on how to do that.... Are you speaking of the commands such as fixMbr etc etc....?

Well if you do that with the XP CD you wont haev GRUB anymore for your Ubuntu Install. So that wont work. What i mean is with your Vista DVD. When you have the big screen up htat has the Install Now button. There is a button to the lower right. It says Repair PC. Use that function. In that menu there is a option right at the top that says to fix the boot setup. Try that.

Yea sorry about that... I meant to say the Vista DVD... Just still used to saying "install CD" I guess since I haven't had Vista on here very long at all lol... Ok, I will give that a shot and see how it goes... Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom