The Beast is UNLEASHED. My 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, as usual from my lurking on hardforum.com apparently pushing the memory over 1k for 24/7 use causes permanent damage to the card. So at the moment until i hear some more info about the cards im going to leave them running stock.

Motion seconded.

Veedubfreak - Can you link me to the threads that there in I would like to catalogue them for reference.

I could care less about 4 monitors, i jsut want to run SLI and still be able to use my 2nd monitor.
why would you want to run dual monitors with SLI?
SLI is used to increase performance, by making two video cards process one screen

if you use SLI with two monitors, one video card will process half the first screen, and half the second screen, then the other video card processing the other halves of each screen. On top of that, you don't get as much performance.
Two video cards will be processing two screens, but not at 200% performance of one card. It'll be more like 140% (since SLI is not 100% efficient), so essentially you might get about 70% performance of a single video card for each screen

But instead, you can just disable SLI, run one monitor from each screen, and have one video card process all of the first screen, and the other video card processing all of the second screen. And each screen gets 100% performance of each video card.

Btw, i finally got into the demo for crysis and it looks pretty sweet. Running everything at high but no AA and 1920x1200 so far no slowdowns that i can see, but i need to figure out how to turn on the built in FPS display so i can tweak it a little.
dunno if you already figured this out, but here is the console command:
r_displayinfo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom