Small GPU question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to take gurusan up on his offer, the 1800xt looks pretty nippy and I don't want to push my budget too far, got other things I have to pay for this month unfortunately :(

Oh god, don't remind us how expensive it is over here :( lets just say that theres more then one reason I wanna move to America in a few years lol

I dunno...puter part prices are pretty proper

hehe say that 10 times fast

If you are changing things from dollars into pounds then yeah you're screwed...otherwise it's not too bad.

Toryn, you do not want to be getting an 8600GT, especially since it's more expensive. Even though it's DX10 capable, the performance is not good enough to actually even be able to enable DX10 features without a major drop in framerate. Get a much more powerful X1950GT/PRO, a 7900GS/GT or look into gurusans offer of an X1800XT, and play with great performance in DX9 mode, the only mid-range 8-series card even slightly capable of decent DX10 performance is the 8600GTS, but it's hardly worth the money when you can get an 8800GT for slightly more, plus it's way out of your price range.

Yeah, I've taken guru up on his offer and bought his 1800xt

Thanks for all the help and whatnot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom