The Beast is UNLEASHED. My 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so now that i turned on SLI my 2nd monitor refuses to work. Everytime i tell windows to extend my desktop to it it blinks then unchecks the box. Ideas?

if i remember correctly i don't think you can run dual monitors with sli, or maybe it was crossfire...

I remember reading about this somewhere...

EDIT: Yup seems to be true, I recommend getting a cheap pci gfx card to run the second monitor...

i remember hearing the ati guy at the power together tour saying that only ati can have 4 monitors hooked up to one pc....

i may have heard that wrong though.

I could care less about 4 monitors, i jsut want to run SLI and still be able to use my 2nd monitor.

i was able to use 2 monitors on a single card, so im pretty sure you can.
Try enabling the other monitor in the nvidia control panel

i was able to use 2 monitors on a single card, so im pretty sure you can.
Try enabling the other monitor in the nvidia control panel

2 monitors on one card is one thing, 2 monitors on one or two card while running sli is impossible...

tough luck...

as nvidia said, you can have top notch 3d graphics or dual monitors, not both.

should have read up on that before you splurged :p

those dirty *******s. Ok well i guess i'll jsut have to switch sli on and off depending on what im doing. But if im actually playing a FPS that requires me to use SLI i guess i dont need the extra distraction of the 2nd card.
BTW. 18056 3dmark06 SLI and 3.6ghz on the cpu. Need to get my memory optimized though, its still at auto settings 5-5-5-18 it was running 4-4-4-12 on the old board.

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

edit: ok well apparently SLI wont let me run dual monitors, turned it off and now im back to normal. Slight pain in the butt, but easy enough to deal with. Gonna tweak things and see if i can manage a 20k score this weekend.

those dirty *******s. Ok well i guess i'll jsut have to switch sli on and off depending on what im doing. But if im actually playing a FPS that requires me to use SLI i guess i dont need the extra distraction of the 2nd card.
BTW. 18056 3dmark06 SLI and 3.6ghz on the cpu. Need to get my memory optimized though, its still at auto settings 5-5-5-18 it was running 4-4-4-12 on the old board.

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

****...you could be on first place on the 3dmark list if you oc the cards.

But honestly...i dont know when you will actually need the sli!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom