The Beast is UNLEASHED. My 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if you got patience and got that sweet deal...i would goto ebay and sell them.
I've seen some 8800GT...'s going for about 300 bucks.

It crossed my mind, but the amount of time and effort VS the 20-30 bucks in profit i might make assuming i dont get screwed isnt worth it. I might be able to sell em for 300 bucks, but then after ebay and paypal take their cuts i'll have made around 275 off of the cards, and i highly doubt that the price of the cards is going to come down anytime soon. Also apparently the fry's cards are superclocked editions that got packaged wrong or somewhere down the line someone did something they shouldnt have, because so far every fry's GT has been clocked 650 core and 950 memory which is superclocked numbers.

well there you go, the KO should raise the value of the cards....if you could somehow pull off $325-350, i would do it.

Ya but the boxes still just say GT, they arent labeled as such. Also my SLI board and hx520 should be here today or tommorow so im itchin to get the sLI and make the plunge into vista 64.\

3dmark06 score. 14001. video card at stock settings
Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

nice score...dam*** good score for stock gpu.
you will get to 16k easily on sli and oc them.
Im just not to sure if the corsair 520 is enough...i maybe wrong though.

I do know that a corsair 520 can support an oc q6600 and an ultra...but im not sure about 8800gt in sli.
whats the min req on those gt's?

SLI gts says 26A and 450w. The 520 will be more than enough. Also, the fedex guy just showed up at the door, board and psu are here :)

i'd go for at least 36A for SLI, just me.
also, which drivers are you using?
your sm2.0 and 3.0 are substantially higher than mine (as is the cpu score lol no s***), and i wonder, aren't those based solely on the gpu?

The 520hx has 3 18A rails, the new beast has awoken, i have a lovely bruise on my middle finger because one of the cables was getting into the giant fan on top and when i tried to move it i inadvertantly stuck my finger in the rear fan that is running or was at high speed, taking 2 fins off the fan. Oops. Machine booted and seems stable at the moment, SLI is up and running, but everything is running at stock clocks, going to run another 3dmark06 and see what i get before i start OC'ing again.

Also, repositioned the TRUE so that the fan is blowing air UP instead of back, and temps are sitting at 22/15/17/17 :) This also gives me room to be able to put the fan in the side panel to blow on the cards.

I'll post back after 3dmark finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom