$400 Budget Build Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaoshen

Beta member
Hi All. First i'd like to say i've been browsing these forums for quite a while and thanks so much for all the advice you guys provide for others who don't know as much (like me) in computers!

I want to build my first custom computer, I have $400 max and I already have 19inch lcd/keyboard/mouse/software.
Really want to play games on it(Halflife 2), heavily used for school and little photoshop. Would LIKE to have DVD burner, 2GB Ram, and 250GB+ HD, and IF POSSIBLE TV-tuner (to record TV on pc) What would you recommend? I dont mind overclocking as long as it is conservative (dont have to worry about stability/house burning down). Thanks!

Hey. Thanks for the quick reply! Im wondering if there are options to have an INTEL PC. also I dont mind going down(in price an quality) on Graphics card lol.

P.S. And now i have to ask: Is the Athlon system a better performer and will ibe able to overclock?

LOL i wish man! I'm really tight on budget and it will have to be $400+shipping(i should be fine). Now once i graduate I'm building a rig.. So no way to get a nice Intel your saying!

It sounds like you like intel and I am not ttrying to be bias in any way, but I do like AMD and they perform well. Have not had any problems. Also, overclocking is just as easy on amd chips than intel so if you really needed that extra processing speed you can achieve that. I just think that msi barebone box is an amazing deal

budgets are meant to be broken. I don't think one person has stuck to their build plan. Spend another 100. Save for a month. for 3 months... whatever it'll be worth it in the long run. E21*0, 2 GB of Crucial, 320 seagate, antec 900, Abit p35-e(not solid state capacitors, 4 phase, but is more efficient than most 6 phase and 8. Save save save for 8800 gt. If not get a gfx card to hold you down. Think of it this way. Your going to upgrade eventually so future-proof yourself. Honestly your psu should be a good amount of your budget. The most important thing in any build is a good PSU.

What do you guys think of this setup!

Thermaltake Bach VX VF4000BWS Black/ Silver 0.8mm SECC Chassis/ Aluminum Front Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA4600CUBOX - Retail COMBO DEAL: $160 (Case + CPU)

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT12864AA804 - Retail $50 ($90 b4 rebate)

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - OEM -CD/DVD Burner ($30)

Dang it.. Half way through i figured it's gonna be over budget. i'll try again soon .

You can save money on Nukems idea by combining the mobo and case/psu into a barebone package like the one i posted Newegg.com - MSI MBOX K9N6SGM-V AMD Socket AM2 AMD Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 / Sempron NVIDIA GeForce 6100 /nForce 405 chipset 2 x 240Pin GeForce 6100 Barebone - Retail
This would save you $16 which allows you a total of $22 for shipping and you would be exactly at $400. You may have to scrap for another $5 just to be safe, because i think the shipping fee would be around $26 as I recently have a shippment of these hardware parts. Hope you get it soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom