The Beast is UNLEASHED. My 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats a good evga 680i bored?
best bang for the buck with good oc potential.
I want to know cos i might end up doing the same, and then going sli with the 8800 gt.And also then ill be getting the q9450 when it comes out.

Where can i dl 3mark06 that actually has a decent bandwidth. I tried 3 different sites last night and they were all stuck at like 30kps which would have taken hours.

Try download accelerator plus (speedbit.com). It doesn't work with all downloads (such as anything from microsoft.com), but for most cases it does. It splits the download into 5 parts, kinda like a torrent, and downloads each part at the same time, so if a website limits a user's bandwidth, then a program like DAP helps because say you have a 10 mbit connection but the site limits bandwidth to 2 mbits/sec, well DAP will have 5 parts of the download going at once so you'll get your 10 mbits.

I prefer it over firefox's download app.

Its only a 20$ rebate so its not that big of a deal. So far ive gotten all of my rebates back other than my antec900 and my corsair rebate. Have the ocz and evga rebate sitting in the car right now, just havent made it to the bank. As far as 3dmark06 is downloading, started it while i was at lunch and just left it.

Btw, i finally got into the demo for crysis and it looks pretty sweet. Running everything at high but no AA and 1920x1200 so far no slowdowns that i can see, but i need to figure out how to turn on the built in FPS display so i can tweak it a little.

Ya this whole job thing is getting in the way. I was mainly just trying to figure out the max overclock. Apparently though, the cards coming out of fry's are either some wierd batch or misflashed because they are coming at KO speeds rather than stock. And im not the only one who has noticed this. Basically anyone who got a card from fry's is getting the same 650core and 950 memory speed that mine have. EVGA 8800gt KO for 229, woo.

Veedub, where did you see that 8800gt at fry's? Can you post a link. If you find it? Thanks

i come back on here after one day and thought "wow 6pages, surly theres some pictures in there somewhere" nope there isnt, how dissapointing! sort your camera out or use a mobile phone its better than nothing ;)

The fry's add for 229 was up monday and promptly got pulled, so if you didnt get in, you wont get it for that price. I've been hearing they will be relisted at 259 once they actually have some back in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom