The Beast is UNLEASHED. My 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bag full of AA batteries that my mom sent me since she's a nurse and they replace the batteries everytime a new patient gets a monitor, somehow either they all went dead at the same time or my camera took a dump, but anyhoo i downloaded rivatuner but cant figure out how to set the clock/memory settings, little help here. Also is there a working version of ati tool around right now?

GET RECHARGEABLES!!!

It wasnt exactly idling at 51, but ya its high because i need to lap my TRUE. My new board and psu are on the fedex truck right now and hopefully i'll be home when he shows up, if not i'll have to go pick it up. So the heatsink is coming off either tonight or tommorow might as well lap it then. As ive said in the past, core0 on my system is ALWAYS 5-10 degrees hotter than the rest, even when its not being used and the others are.

working on getting a stable overclock. I tried 800/1200 but got artifacts and ended up locking up the machine.

DEFINATELY going to need an aftermarket cooler to get the most out of overclocking it.

Hey veedub... I know you said you were going to be doing some lapping on that cooler but still... I noticed your core 0 was getting 51c and core 3 was 45c... I'm getting similar temps with my Q6600 OC'd to 2.83 and with the stock cooler during load (thermalright coming soon, if not water cooling). What stepping is it? Mine is G0.

Also I noticed you said your Core 0 is always hotter than the others no matter what. Mine is the same way....

ITs g0, but its running at 3.6ghz and it wasnt idling, it was running the artifact test in ati tool, so it was in fact in use. Core0 usually idles around 40C when im not doing anything.

Speedstep is still enabled, havent figure out what its called in my bios to turn it off :p

O lol. We have the same mother board, I might be able to help you out. When I get home I'll look, but I'm almost positive its in the same bios menu as the EIST option is.

I definitely know it's there because I've turned it off before, but I turned it back on so I can keep temps down as much as possible until I can afford a proper cooler.

O lol. We have the same mother board, I might be able to help you out. When I get home I'll look, but I'm almost positive its in the same bios menu as the EIST option is.

I definitely know it's there because I've turned it off before, but I turned it back on so I can keep temps down as much as possible until I can afford a proper cooler.

I got the p35-ds3R too, and so do a lot of ppl here.

Make sure you have disabled the EIST,CIE function in the mobo's bios.
Those need to be disabled if you are overclocking.

Meh im not too worried about it, im switching to the evga 680i tommorow and going SLI :)

On a side note, where can i dl 3mark06 that actually has a decent bandwidth. I tried 3 different sites last night and they were all stuck at like 30kps which would have taken hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom