(1) MSI nx7800GTX 256MB @ 430/1200
ViewSonic VX922 LCD

I am thinking of upgrading to:

ASUS M2N-E SLI M.B. (Socket AM2)
AMD X2 6000+ CPU (retail) @ 3.0 Ghx
2.0 Gig CORSAIR DDR2 PC6400 800mhz (2x1024G) @ 4-4-4-12

then, in February:

(1) MSI nx8800GT 512MB @ 660/1800

My main concern is the MB/CPU and MEM. upgrade, will it be worth it?? Will I see a difference? Will it open my 7800GTX even further to increase its' power, before February?

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thank you, in advance.
Rusty

I think the major gain from this upgrade would be the memory. I also have the A8N-SLI Deluxe board and was looking to upgrade myself. I found that the only difference in the currently technology is the newer AM2 sockets and the memory speed which is availble for newer MOBO. As far as processing speed, I think that it will not be that much of a noticable gain for you unless you do alot of video and audio work. I am curious what HD do you have?

If I were you, I would stick to that system, until you save enough for a system overhaul....because that upgrade isn't that big of a gain. The FX-60 should be able to overclock to 3GHz like the 6000+. Plus that system is still pretty nice, and will last you a little bit more.

In late November or so I've heard, AMD will release their new line of processors, so you should look forward to that, if you really want to upgrade.

thank you for the reply.
February is a long way off, but I think an upgrade to the MSI 8800gt should see a noticeable difference in gaming. Agree?? Thoughts?

thank you for the reply.
February is a long way off, but I think an upgrade to the MSI 8800gt should see a noticeable difference in gaming. Agree?? Thoughts?

Yes it would. Just overclock your CPU to reduce the bottleneck a llittle, and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom