Buying a new gaming Pc, limit 2700 canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh, i should have asked this before i orderd my PC, but where is this test/build feature? i didnt see anything of the sort as i progressed through the checkout. Its probably too late now eh?

wow.. their system has kinda changed..

what u do is take their prebuilt system.. (cheapest of the Socket) and start substituting parts in.. for the ones you want.. (thats for Canada tho..) for US.. its still teh same

I went though NCIX and got a Cool master stacker 830, Q6600 G0( i hope, havent gotten the S/N yet:S) Asus maximus formula MB, 2x WD 250gb raid 0 with a 500GB storage. 4gb Crucial ballistix pc2-8500 1066mhz, 8800GT, and a CORSAIR 620HX PSU.

But i also picked up a merc keyboard, G7 mouse, awesome surge protector and a couple case fans. without those you could probably take 250$ off my total price.

you could also cut some corners by going with a DDR2 800 instead of 1066. i went with it because it was on sale and cheaper then the DDR2 800 they had in stock. The asus maximus if a little overkill, but man is it a sweet board.
Asus Maximus Formula Special Edition Motherboard - 45nm Support, Intel X38, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, CrossFire Ready, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Gigabit LAN, SPDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID 1976068 at TigerDirect.com

Check out the video review, i would bet any money he has a hard on under the desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom