ATI Defenders? The end for ATI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Sure ATI sales are doing okay, but with the new god send 8800 GT card, it really beckons the question...why go ATI at all?

Sure its been posted before but in case you didn't see it heres all the proof you need:

AnandTech: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT: The Only Card That Matters
New Nvidia GeForce 8800GT Surprises | Tom's Hardware

The 8800 GT pretty much gets near GTX performance at the cost of around 300!?!?!? The whole point of this thread is to really see if anyone can even defend ATI now...I just don't see anyway. BTW these are the two major sites I trust but if you don't trust em just do some searching for more respected sights, the general consensus on the 8800 GT is that its a god send card...

more icing on the cake for the XTX card DailyTech - ATI Radeon HD 2900 XTX, Doomed from the Start

The new ATI dx10.1 card in 3 weeks. Look into Ati's future releases. not what they have out now. They wont die off any time soon.

I'm not really an Ati defender tho lol. i just bought nvidia and probably will never switch back to ati.. but they're far from dead ^^

my hd2900 i plugged in, and it worked.
my 7900gs' i plugged in, and they worked.
this 8800gt, i plugged it in, and it f**** my whole computer up apparently.
god send? i think not at this moment. or am i the only one having problems?

I do think your the only one with problems so far, as for the whole Ati thing.. yea.... they have lots coming out that will beat even the GT- however prices are not released yet- they are the only concearn so far.

Ati is far from dead just like AMD is far from dead, there current market is the only thing you see lacking.

Agreed.

The fact that they've been so slow has lost them a lot of followers over the past while. Especially since the Q6600 price crash. but there are still a lot of people waiting for the phenom (im not one of em XD)

heck there's probably some people who'll even switch over in spite of their Q6600. Or run 2 pc's one of each build lol. I would if I could afford it. Just for fun. i can barely afford to build 1 right now though ; ;

Iam waiting for Phenoms- not because Ill instantly buy one but to compare them to benchmarks. if the "true quad core" works much better, Ill get it for my new rig, however if its about the same- then the q6600 would have dropped in price again by then- so Win/Win for me either way.

I love AMD- I've had them for.. uh.. ever, but Iam no fanboy. I'll gladly switch to Intel for better performance. Brand names are just names to me. Both are extremely successful and trusted companies.

hmm. You can almost guarentee the phenom will work betetr than the Q6600. if I had my guess it'd be on par with the QX67/68** proc's.

Of course thats just speculation from stuff I've seen around. What I'm really waiting on is the phenoms pricing and OC ability.
If those are right...

Bleh I'm never goign to get anywhere if I keep second guessing myself.. Darn you kissker! lmao

Just watch I'll end up building this and selling it to someone for an ati amd build again. (im running one now lol)

Only thing worse than indecisivness.. Is second guessing the decisions I already made. "That really grinds my gears" lol

Well the most powerful cards always have the highest price tag...and it looks like ATI might get that with the 3800 series. In that case people that want the fastest will pay, and in theory their midrange 'might' be around the same performance and cost as the 8800GT, but with new specs like dx10.1.

So there may be a quite a few reasons to go ATI in a few weeks. And the fact that Nvidia just released a card that is so fast and so cheap actually makes me think they are worried about ATI's release. Think about it...why else would they release such a cheap card that comes so close to the GTX??

that icing on the cake.. of the 2900xtx is incredibly old news.. and xtx isnt even going to be made.. lol so i don't even know why that was thrown in there...

and anyone defending ati (me!), hey.. why would you care why we buy em... preference.. i love my ATi card(s) that i own and have owned. I'm happy with it.. therefore i'm not gonna complain... for the price, it was awesome.. and still is.. the 8800gt... is just to say.. more awesome for the price.. lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom