need help asap if possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
okay, so I've spent the last month and about $3000 on credit from a number of sources to put this rig together, and now I don't know where to go from here...

I've got it all together, all wired, ready to go, just needs the drivers and boot CDs... what ordered do I put them in?

should the processor have come with a CD?

I'm kinda tryin to get this thing runnin right away, but I have a feeling it's gonna take a couple more days, so any help is appreciated...

So you question is, how you should go about turning it on, installing OS, and get it up and running?

First you turn it on, go into BIOS and set the boot priority to boot from the CD drive first, save settings and reboot, insert OS CD, follow instructions on installing the OS. When you get to the desktop area, insert the driver CD that came with the motherboard, and install the necessary drivers.

After that, download and install all the updates for your OS and software. And you should be good to go.

....and no, CPUs don't have CDs included with them.

okay.... yet another noob question here, as this is my first build, how do I get to the BIOS?
and what the heck is this message that appears on screen that says something to the effect of media check bad, or something like that, then it says exiting nvidia something or other, and then it says to insert a disc I think.... (I don't remember what it said cause this was all last night at 11:48p.m. and I had like three hours of sleep the night before...)

and is phucng right when he says that's the order the drives should boot in?

and once I do all that, do I need to change it back at some point?

when I'm finally all done with that, I'm gonna need help OCing the cpu and vga, but I'll search the forums first... this topic was difficult to search for, plus I was in serious panic mode about this high pitch buzz that it was making the first time I fired it up... got that fixed though, forgot to plug the power cord into the graphics card... yet another one to chalk up on the uber noob list of mistakes so far... but I think I'm gettin the hang of this building a computer thing...

1. Boot order is personal preference
2. Depending on your system board depends on how you can enter your bios. Typically it is 'DEL' at the first boot screen.
3. If you are asking questions on how to install Windows and configure boot orders, you really shouldn't be overclocking as if you don't know what your doing, you will destroy your hardware.

Microsoft's instructions on installing Windows XP:
How to install or upgrade to Windows XP

okay... new qusetion.... I got vista ultimate on it, and put in the mobo driver cd, and went through the menus to install the drivers for the mobo, first thing to do, and clicked the words and nothing happened... what did I do wrong? why is it not installing, ****it!!!

okay... new qusetion.... I got vista ultimate on it, and put in the mobo driver cd, and went through the menus to install the drivers for the mobo, first thing to do, and clicked the words and nothing happened... what did I do wrong? why is it not installing, ****it!!!

you'll probably have to go on the manufacturer's website and see if they even have a working driver for vista. xp w/ sp2 is fairly cheap, i say just buy that and almost all of your problems will most likely be solved. vista is super pointless, seeing as to how only a handful of games untilize dx10 and how you need a godly setup to even run it.

yea... I did get it running w/ vista, hooked it up to the internet, and that's acctually what I'm on right now, and went to nvidia.com and got the driver for vista... thanks for the advice but I thought of that last night...

now I have another problem, only it's not so emergency...

I got a dynex all-in-one card reader for my flash cards (SD, MS pro duo, and a bunch of others but I only have the two right now...)

put the install CD in, ran the program on it, and it said it needed XP SP1 to work...

then when it closed out, windows popped up w/ a window that offered to install it w/ vista settings...

I thought that was my answer, til I got to the install shield screen and it said to plug it in... it IS plugged in... then it said it couldn't install it since it wasn't plugged in... WTF do I do now? i can't install it because it says it isnt plugged in, and I cant plug it in if it's already plugged in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom