help with mobo/usb question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime_dude07

In Runtime
so my new cm stacker t01 case has 6 usb ports in the front, and I have a flash card reader in a 3.5" slot that also requires a usb connection, making a grand total of 7, but the mobo only has enough posts for 4...

4 does not equal 7 as far as I could figure it (see, im not part of that '5 out of 4 people have problems with math' group) lol...

but seriously, what do I do? is there an adaptor I can buy that will multiply the usb posts on the mobo?

There are only 10 type of people. Those who know binary and those who dont. I think on most cases each usb cable supplies 2 usb slots so you should be ok. If not, just leave some dead, its not like you'll ever use 6 usb ports on the case AND the 6-8 on the board itself.

true... but knowing me I'll find the dead ones in the middle of the night, forget I left 'em dead, and think something is wrong w/ my rig... just thought I would ask so that I can hook 'em all up and save myself the trouble (and panic)...

*bump*

new question... kinda emergency type situation...

FINALLY!!!! got my rig all together, all wired, sleeved, EVERYTHING put in it, flipped the switch in the back, fired it up and it whines at me... WHAT DO I DO!??!!???!!! HELP!!?!???!?! should I be worried? what could that mean?

ummm.... not a problem at all IF IT WORKS!!!! please tell me I didn't **** somthing up in the build process....

sorry... dont mean to freak out, but this isn't good IMO... so any info or advice is REALLY really welcome at this point...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EEEEHHHHHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry.... had a joygasm....

way uber n00b mistake... can't beleive I made it even...

the last thing I put in was the vga, and I forgot it's power cord...

pluged it in, turned it on, and no more whining...

will keep you posted...

yea I noticed a lot of things get angry w/o their power fixes... like the cold cathode lights, and the fans...
probably a bad idea to run them all together and run them off one 4-pin power supply when there are like four more that can be connected, so I'm gonna try that
the lights only lit up 1/4 of the way down the tube, and the fans run slow, arent very bright for LED lighting, and are REALLY quiet (hopefully that wont change when giving them a boost in power supplied)...

I'm thinking a lack of power might be the problem, and if not they might be defective...

but seriously though, is there an adaptor to multiply the number of USB devices I can plug into the mobo? cause if so I dont have to leave any usb ports on the front dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom