RAM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
all you do is go into the BIOS and set the timings on 5-5-5-15 and then put your CPu FSB whatever you want it and the ram goes to where you want it....there is absolutley nothing to overclocking ram aside from the timings and voltage. The Voltage is already 2.1v which is the favorite of people, and you can actually set those timings for 4-4-4-12 and it will do DDR2-1000.

Listen to me when it ell you buying DDR2-1066 ram such as Ballistix is stupid to spend extra money on.

I totally hear what your saying, its just being my first computer build i want to ease into overclocking and are reluctant to change components that require a lot of settings to be changed. I'm getting a 40$ mail in rebate with these sticks so realistically they cost the same as the 800 if not cheaper now.

The 800 sticks have a MIR as well...and after it I believe they are usually around 60 bucks. RAM is very easy to overclock....

Sora, you have a set-up nearly the same as mine , i need some help , added you to AIM mate. And Prophet 800 ballistix is the way to go.

i went with the 1066 :S dont hate me i am a newbie!! i couldnt find any 800 with a MIR, so in the end the 1066 is probably cheaper.... but if it isnt dont tell me. Just agree with me so i dont feel stupid :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom