The Beast is UNLEASHED. My 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so the cards finally came in from fry's today. Yay. Went home for lunch and popped one into the good ole ds3r. Upon boot up, she is pretty loud, but the fan spins down after that and cant be heard over my full speed antec 900 fans.

Stock clocks 650 core and 950 memory. I only had about 15 minutes to fool around with it but was able to make it crash in ATI tool using the "find max" options at 858mhz core, and then 1200mhz memory. I set it to 800/1150 and tried to run the artifact scanner but that crapped out. So once i get home i'll be fiddling with it to figure out what the max stats are.

BTW, it idles at 53C.

So has anyone else gotten theirs and started playing with it yet?

Oh ya that reminds me, downloaded the crysis demo last night, so once i get the card stable i'll be trying it at both stock and OC to see how bad it cries playing crysis.

One thing i just ran into lurking around hardocp again is that the GT has an exposed core rather than an IHS like the other g80s. This could make aftermarket cooling a bit more of a challenge. Hopefully though the new TR coolers will be available soon.

edit. this cooler. Their idle temps are the same as what im getting on stock so i can only hope i dont get up into the 80s at load.
Thermalright VGA Backside Cooler HR-11

We Demand Pictures Of This Strange New Beast That Has Landed Among Us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom