Crysis will be out soon... Video cards... upgrade... vista... ahhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea.. for a "DX 10" game it really isnt that much difference from the Dx 9 versions

as for advice on all it- Id say just keep what you have and see if it runs alright- no one will be running "Very High" with DX10 unless you like Sli Ultras together- even then Iam not sure how much it would change.

Some new graphics cards are coming out besides the ultra new GT- so prices will fluctuate some and AMD/Ati are releasing some new stuff in november/december and AMD's phenoms will have more advanced versions coming out early 2008.... so really best bet would be to wait a bit and see what happens- not only if your an AMD lover- but if AMD starts getting some nice things out- Intel is going to have to compensate someplace, more then likely- Price will go down.
(as well as the GeForce and ATi's cards )

What do you guys think the FPS will be for Crysis with a x1950xt on Low to Medium settings?

I heard the low settings in Crysis is still good.

I pre ordered crysis from ea's webiste and got the demo to play untill the release. i play it at "very high" and no AA. It rocks. I dont know how to veiw what my FPS are but I can tell you the detail is the best.

umm... using very high settings in dx9 (with the registry edits and what not) looks almost exactly the same as very high on dx10.... for now, i will not be playing this on windows vista.. until i upgrade to a quad and another 2900xt... there is no way in **** this game will play on vista on any single card on very high

I pre ordered crysis from ea's webiste and got the demo to play untill the release. i play it at "very high" and no AA. It rocks. I dont know how to veiw what my FPS are but I can tell you the detail is the best.

download the program FRAPS to view fps while gaming.

And nosboost....have you done the tweak that lets you use very high settings in xp? i tried doing it but it wouldnt work...!?!?!?

ya, i tried it, worked just fine...

and how did it not work

you jsut replace the number 3 files with the number 4 files

pretty much, very high won't choosable still

what you did was replace your high settings with very high settings

ya, i tried it, worked just fine...

and how did it not work

you jsut replace the number 3 files with the number 4 files

pretty much, very high won't choosable still

what you did was replace your high settings with very high settings

ohhh ic.
i was wondering why i still couldnt select very high settings.

I guess ill try it when i get home tonight...
btw, someone mentioned that you have to keep doing it everytime you try playing it.
Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom