Phenom x4 vs Intel Core 2 and Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
3Dmark06 scores of Phenom X4 on AMD 770 vs QX9650 (underclk 2GHz) on X38 - Radeon HD 3800 3870 3850 8800GT ASUS P5E3 Deluxe WiFi @n GIGABYTE X38-DQ6 Reviews at my.ocworkbench.com

:
Performance of Quad Core Phenom X4 2GHz on AMD 770 chipset vs QX9650 running on X38 using 8800GTX

SUPER PI 1M = 40s

Using 8800GTX external vga card,
3Dmark06 = 98xx (Phenom X4 runs at 2GHz)
3Dmark06 = 107xx (QX9650 underclk to 2GHz)

Looks like the difference is quite substantial as 3Dmark06 score is partly derived from the CPU score.

http://news.expreview.com/2007-10-29/1193590532d6599.html

:
Thanks to the built-in CPU/GPU branchmark system of Crysis, we can easily finish CPU/GPU branchmark on this game. The GPU branchmark will finish today,before that let's have some branchmark score of CPUs:QX6850,QX9650,Phenom X4.

For more balance, Phenom X4 is already OC to 3GHz(15x200MHz) .Because the built-in Memory controller of Phenom have some auto setting funtion, so the memory frenquency is set to 375MHz automatically.

The mobos we are using: AMD's RD790 and Intel's P35. All the settings(including the game)are all default. Graphis card is 8800GTX, the driver is the newest 169.01. All the tests are running in XP. Do you still remember the date that the two new CPU become available?

Intel QX9650:Nov 12, 2007
AMD Phenom X4:Nov 20,2007

PhenomX4Crysis.png

They're not really shooting for the enthusiasts. The low budget is where they're good, since most people aren't enthusiasts.

Any more benchmarks like this and I'll be changing my avatar real soon. Dissappointing, but it's still too early to tell yet. We need more benchmarks and of course, we'll have to see good prices as well, like $199 for AMD's Q6600 equivalent with slightly weaker performance.

I'm selling my computer today, or at least within the week (finally got two very potential buyers for $650 and $700 - spent like $590, hahaha) and will need my computer-fix asap just in time for crysis. Seeing this, might as well just hop on the Q6600 bandwagon

well im planning on getting the q9450...unless its worth going to a phenom quad and then ill have to switch to an amd board too.

The new phenoms will be backwards compatible...which is good , but to get all the new features that come with it, you will have to get the new chipsets...i think the 790fx is one of them

uhh this was posted a few days ago gurusan. U got beaten to it.

i said it n ill say it again:

"those benchmarks r bullcrap, even if it's a preview or a prediction. U can tell that this guy is an intel fan boy.

AMD has much faith into this Phenom. From what ive read about it's architecture, compared to Intel's QX9650 from my understanding, AMD really has a good shot at beating Intel, especially the HT 3.0 reaching 3GHz n up. I mean, the HT 3.0 is built on the CPU die as a memory controller n this is how K8 became successful over Pentium 4 n C2D, if the C2D is not OCed."

uhh this was posted a few days ago gurusan. U got beaten to it.

i said it n ill say it again:

"those benchmarks r bullcrap, even if it's a preview or a prediction. U can tell that this guy is an intel fan boy.

AMD has much faith into this Phenom. From what ive read about it's architecture, compared to Intel's QX9650 from my understanding, AMD really has a good shot at beating Intel, especially the HT 3.0 reaching 3GHz n up. I mean, the HT 3.0 is built on the CPU die as a memory controller n this is how K8 became successful over Pentium 4 n C2D, if the C2D is not OCed."

and amd also stressed on their prices...compared to intel.

The guy also said that all intel is doing is shrinking their size...which doesnt matter too much compared to price and performance.

I think thje phenoms will be the best bang for your buck...and from little to no performance decrease....AMD might actually win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom