There's More NVIDIA G92 coming late 2007 (8800GTS 128SP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DX10.1 won't be in any real effect for a LONG time. it will be another 1-2 years before we see any real DX10.1 applications that fully utilize it.

That is not the point though, ATI is still very much so in the game. They're the first to 55nm and they are DX10+, and the prices are supposed to be great.

Wow, Nvidia is being SOOOOOOOOooooooooooo aggresive, AMD/ATI is just getting it's faced smashed into the ground continuously, I kinda feel sorry for 'em.. but I'm sure their making their money through brand name in the bread & butter market, because consumers in that market just don't know any better...

the point wasnt "future plans" but whats out now- since 90% of buyers don't look into "when is this coming out" but rather what they see on the shelves.

The simple fact is they are "behind" in production- but ahead in planning, still planning everything won't ensure they will pull ahead in the end.. but AMD is definately the turtle.. and I hope he smokes the hare. (for one I like turtles, and two I love AMD, and no not a fanboy but I just like there products and have used them)

the point wasnt "future plans" but whats out now- since 90% of buyers don't look into "when is this coming out" but rather what they see on the shelves.

Then they shouldn't complain about buying a GTX 2 weeks ago. If I was going to drop $500 on a product that was almost a year old, I'd want to be fairly knowledgeable that it would still be worth that $500 for months to come, not...days. I just see no justification to be upset when you should know darn well what you're doing before you buy something like that.

The simple fact is they are "behind" in production- but ahead in planning, still planning everything won't ensure they will pull ahead in the end.. but AMD is definately the turtle.. and I hope he smokes the hare. (for one I like turtles, and two I love AMD, and no not a fanboy but I just like there products and have used them)

The 3800 series comes out in exactly 2 weeks and will destroy the GT, but then the new GTS will be out and it will beat the ultra for $350. The AMD cpu realm is very different as we are talking ati vs nvidia here, not amd vs intel.

Wow this is SO FREAKING LAME.

This is what I have decided.

Buy an eVGA 8800GT now.

Step-up to the 1GB depeding on money or just step up to the one with more shader processors

This has been one HECK of a fall semester.

DX10 Bioshock demo
Crysis Beta
Halo 3
Orange Box!
UT3
COD4
DX10 Crysis SP demo
Intel Penryn 45nm
Intel X38
Nvidia 8800GT
3800?
8800GTS 1GB?!!! > ULTRA?
CRYSIS RELEASE!
AHHH!!!

AMD and Ati are in the same boat- name the most recent Ati card- now what does Nvidea beat it with? like 2-3 card series right? Just like AMD- beat by 2-3 processor classes from Intel.

If you fail to realize that then sorry.. No one can help you....

AMD and Ati are in the same boat- name the most recent Ati card- now what does Nvidea beat it with? like 2-3 card series right? Just like AMD- beat by 2-3 processor classes from Intel.

What are talking about dude?

The 2900 series is faster than the GTS in some games. Processor classes? Card series?

Ati is NOT that far beyond.... AMD is behind PER CLOCK and OVERALL speed, but AMD can match performance per $ up to about $180. Beyond $180, Intel offers better performance per $.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom