Stock SLI 8800gt beats GTX by 2k in 3dmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm i dunno those coolermaster 19dba 37cfm fans are good enough for most anything. The lian-li can hold somethign stupid like 10 fans. lol. and b3 probably wouldnt go over 3.2 with true ; ;.

Oh nov 10th comin up fast invisible. hows the GPA lookin?

i might be ordering in a few hours actually....i'm getting the asus one because it comes with company of hero's
i also have to go out to scare and throw stuff at the trick or treaters ahaha

Nice thats sweet. Yeh I love free stuff. So far I've gotten CoD 2, Lost planet, dark mesiah of might and magic and an xfx gamign headset lol.

totally irrelevant to whats going on now.. but sora.... the drop from 90 to 65nm isnt what affected overclocking.. if anything the pentium 4's overclocked higher than the conroe's.. i think they pentium record is at almost 8ghz.....

the only way the die drop could possibly affect overclocking, is by its lower temperatures.. but it won't be a massive headroom for overclocking

lets compare these 2900pro's to the xt's... from 90 to 80.. does my pro overclock more than an xt.. no... goes just as far

totally irrelevant to whats going on now.. but sora.... the drop from 90 to 65nm isnt what affected overclocking.. if anything the pentium 4's overclocked higher than the conroe's.. i think they pentium record is at almost 8ghz.....

the only way the die drop could possibly affect overclocking, is by its lower temperatures.. but it won't be a massive headroom for overclocking

lets compare these 2900pro's to the xt's... from 90 to 80.. does my pro overclock more than an xt.. no... goes just as far

Understand that the lower fabrication process does play a large part in a chips overclockability. It's not that 65nm overclocks any better than 90, but rather produces less heat and the transistors don't run as hot. Also yes a shrink from 90 to 65 is quite difference in heat output. Although it may not be directly, a smaller dye does play a part becuase of the lower heat and thats what an over clocker's worst enemy is, heat.

stil doesnt explain why the prescots overclock much higher than conroes

i know it explains overclockability.. but i wouldnt say its what makes things overclock to uuber high extents

all those old preslers and prescots overclock like mad high.... and are still both 65 and 90 nm.

amd's drop to 65 nm certainly didnt do it justice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom