SLI 8800GT vs one GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to grab one of those intel guys and tie him to a chair for interrogation. They seem to have just kinda left the GTX out to dry. They have the GT and new GTS which are both better buys over the GTX.. but they havent stopped GTX production or lowered the price.. Same thing with the extreme processors and the new qx9650. It's cheaper than the qx6850 and better.. but they're still putting out the 6850. Their marketing/production plans give me a headache trying to figure them out.

They've got something up their sleeve I can feel it. They can't be that stupid XD

Or maybe they're just so rich now that they don't care anymore. o_O

I'd like to grab one of those intel guys and tie him to a chair for interrogation. They seem to have just kinda left the GTX out to dry. They have the GT and new GTS which are both better buys over the GTX.. but they havent stopped GTX production or lowered the price.. Same thing with the extreme processors and the new qx9650. It's cheaper than the qx6850 and better.. but they're still putting out the 6850. Their marketing/production plans give me a headache trying to figure them out.

They've got something up their sleeve I can feel it. They can't be that stupid XD

Or maybe they're just so rich now that they don't care anymore. o_O

u shouldn't be shocked about the EE price drops.. if you go on any site that still stocks Pentium Dual-Core Extreme Edition.. its still in the high prices... same with the P4 EE.. i'll find some links..

I think its sad that i got higher performance with one card then with 2 on 1680x1050. I just cant afford anything that can handle 1920x1200 or above. Even so, ive seen some people recommending SLI for 22" monitors or above. That includes 1680x1050 actualy. The only thing i notcied my SLI is good for is AA but even then it dosent really help much. Im just selling my cards and getting an 8800GT.

One 8800GT at stock speed performs slightly slower than 8800GTX, but if you overclock it, it would outperform 8800Ultra

i saw get one GT coz i dont really believe in sli yet. doesnt seem like a logical choice so just get 1 for now and if YOU REALLY feel the need get another and get a sli mobo just incase u choose to get 2

Well i'll be testing a single card configuration tommorow when mine get here and sometime next week i'll be switching to sli once my new board and psu show up. SInce i run everything at 1920x1200 i'll report back as to how much difference there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom