CS:S, how much fps do you really need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I play Counter Strike: Source alot, and i have two 8500 gt's running on sli. i get about 150 fps on de_dust 2 and about 100 on inferno but it drops down to about 60 outside with alot of gunfire and smoke.

My questions is how much fps (as in frames per second) do you really need? is my 60 outside compared to someone haveing 170 going to make the other person win in a fire fight?

Some of my friends say that you need 100, and that 50 is too bad, and others say that 50 is fine and you wont even notice the diffrence if net_graph 3 wasnt on.

Just want to hear some opinons plz.

I wouldn't want to go below 60 fps.

You should be ok though. You might be able to tell the difference between 60 and 170, but you can't tell the difference between 100 and 170.

60 is enough for smooth fps. Well I think it depends on how good the person is. I've seen some really good people own, playing with 40-50 fps.

In my opinion.. 60 is silky smooth. The main thing in CS:S (when I play) is latency. If your connection is crap it doesnt matter how good your FPS is. The other guys shot will register logn before yours. At 60FPS I don't even think theres any chugging. heck I'm running a radeon 300x 128Mb card not OC and I play CS:S great. The Only time I can get some lag is in glass maps where people like to camp the shop and grenade spam for 5 min. So annoying lol.

Ya, because before when i was playing on my old comp i had everything set to the lowest possible graphics and i played at about 40-60 fps and it wasnt very bad

I did'nt see a huge jump in my skill when i switched to the new computer that usually gets 100 fps, espically after i add the dt config. All i really saw were better graphics.

i can still do a Running Riot on Halo maxed out at 30 FPS... so i guess thats enough.. as long as it doesn't video lag..

but some people like the extra smoothness.. at like 40fps... (i haven't experienced that except on Starcraft or Morrowind... hahaha)

Wait... who the **** SLI's two 8500GT's?!

Either you bought a pre-built or you had no idea what you were doing when you built that rig yourself.

wow.. nice eye.. the guy above me had dual 8500gt's.. thats pathetic... not even on par with an 8600gt...

Hahaha, that's so harsh, now that I look back on my post, and yours Vernong... Anyway, I mean, each 8500GT is like what, $80? And he's getting 150 fps in CSS, although with significant drops, at least it's somewhat on par with an X1950PRO, to some extent, and for about the same price... but still, an 8800GT would of taught that investment a lesson or two in performance/price ratios...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom