Build me a rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just had a lemon and it sorta scarred me for a while- however I should be open minded since many tech changes have happened in the past few years.

Btw I have literally abused G.Skill and they still performed- carried in pocket without protection all day-- handled roughly without gloves/static proof, wiped my forehead with it and just abused horridly. Ran great for as long as I had it- ended up sellin the machine to pay bills, shoulda just forgot bills and kept the machine lol.

Least someone laughed at that.. although I might Spraypaint that on my PSU i have now just for laughs....

lol...That's the weirdest abuse I've heard with RAM. But that's great if they can withstand the kind of abuse, you've put them through. I would never do such a thing to memory sticks.

Apparently noone looks at the Power supply guide here at this site.

There are many more choices than all the ones mentioned in this thread combined..

Ive actually looked at the guide- Iam just keepin most my opinions out for now.

And yea.. when you get free stuff.. you tend to treat it differently... lol I have gotten 2 free laptops and I literally throw the older one around to see what itll take.. its an abuse hog.. it loves it. Only minor damage so far and a RAM problem (gotta pop it open to see if it came undone lol)

And I look at it this way.. if I can throw it across the room and let it get rained on... and it still works- I KNOW itll work in my 99% humidity proof enclosure.. being babied from its box to its use.

wanna know some funny coincidence? a friend gave me a ton of old stuff and I have a socket 478 3 ghz procc sittin without a motherboard... and I cant find a cheap mobo anywhere for it- the funny/sad part is.. this is a 1.35GHZ machine Iam on now... so even standard.. its over double speed lol

What would you do If I said 1300 limit instead of 1500?
and cut the case for sure- its way too much.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0
EVGA 680i SLI or ASUS P5N-E 650i SLI
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
2x 8800GT 512MB in SLI
Corsair 520HX
Western Digital WD7500AAKS 750GB
Samsung 226CW 22"
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
Cooler Master 690

The rest is up to you...

nice

i'd leave the case choice up to the OP. as well as the monitor...i mean you really dont need a 22" a 20" is still 1680x1050...i'd do a 20" or save up more for a 24"

well ive seen some nice 22s for only 220 is dollars coicidentally enough- so unless your pricing of a 20 is less then 180is its not really a big concern.

And ill be pmin you on your RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom