Build me a rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god you guys were fast- i was expecting it to take a few hours like the last time I made a thread. lol.

The only thing I can think of really is cutting that case down- and I'd prefer G.Skill (not a fanboi of crucial)

And I noticed No OS listed on anyones?

Im so sick of seeing the corsair Power supplies reccomended on this site.
Don't get me wrong, they are great power supplies. Very very "Great".
But they ARE NOT the only choices People.

Xclio? PC Power & Cooling? Antec (I find them costly)? Hiper? CoolerMaster? Yes, there are plenty of great choices out there, but the thing is that will people buy it at high prices or buy something that is cheaper and performs as great as the high-end ones? :confused:

Good god you guys were fast- i was expecting it to take a few hours like the last time I made a thread. lol.

The only thing I can think of really is cutting that case down- and I'd prefer G.Skill (not a fanboi of crucial)

And I noticed No OS listed on anyones?

I would list Vista if you're looking to play future games.

What's not to like about Ballistix? They're way cheaper than the G. Skills, and perform on par, and then some...

See?
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

why buy "pizza hut" pizza when you can get "bobs pizza" with the same junk, slightly different flavor for less money? = exact reference to the "why buy this PSU over this?"
if they perform the same and have the same and have been tested the same and only minor differences- I don't care if the brand name is "Iam a sissy girl"

I guess Ill reconsider the RAM- I just had bad luck with them in the past.

why buy "pizza hut" pizza when you can get "bobs pizza" with the same junk, slightly different flavor for less money? = exact reference to the "why buy this PSU over this?"
if they perform the same and have the same and have been tested the same and only minor differences- I don't care if the brand name is "Iam a sissy girl"

I guess Ill reconsider the RAM- I just had bad luck with them in the past.

My Ballistix have just crapped out on me, but that doesn't change my view on them. Every company has a lemon in one of their products, once in a while. It's just the price on the Ballistix compared to the G. Skill, is what I'm saying.

Or:
Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

no g-skills in that price range perform on par with Crucial Ballistix.. except the HZ.. but its double Ballistix's price..

My Ballistix have just crapped out on me, but that doesn't change my view on them. Every company has a lemon in one of their products, once in a while. It's just the price on the Ballistix compared to the G. Skill, is what I'm saying.

Or:
Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

they crapped out? what happened?

I don't care if the brand name is "Iam a sissy girl"

ahahaha I'm sorry but I lol'd good there.

I'm getting G.Skills.. Even if it's just to be different. >.> Not really a fanboy cause I never even heard of them before I started this build lol. Everyoen and their cat owns crucial XD Yes I know and theres a reason for that, they're good. meh. XD

Well I just had a lemon and it sorta scarred me for a while- however I should be open minded since many tech changes have happened in the past few years.

Btw I have literally abused G.Skill and they still performed- carried in pocket without protection all day-- handled roughly without gloves/static proof, wiped my forehead with it and just abused horridly. Ran great for as long as I had it- ended up sellin the machine to pay bills, shoulda just forgot bills and kept the machine lol.

Least someone laughed at that.. although I might Spraypaint that on my PSU i have now just for laughs....

and Iam seriously thinking of toughing it out on this POS until the Phenoms come out... at least to just see the benchmarks and reviews of them (in case there estamated price of 1,300 is accurate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom