Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used that program and it actually didnt work. Is there any other way to tell what kind of slot it is. Keep in mind that I dont have any graphics card whatsoever except for whats on the motherboard.

There was nothing to install. All I did was download the file, double click the icon, and some "Unknown Architecture" error box pops up followed by a pretty much blank program interface.

But I will read up on these articles and look at the insides of my computer a bit better tomorrow.

Ok I looked over my computer and took a little info down about it. It looks like in the rear of the computer I have two expansion slots.

In one of them is some type of card though Im not sure exactly what. It has a teal-colored background in a spot where some type of 9-pin (5 on top, 4 on bottom) connector goes. It also has a spot for what looks like a S-Video cable on it. So there is one expansion slot left in the rear of the computer.

I took a look inside my computer and on the motherboard I only saw two slots. I know its terrible, but keep in mind its the "small form factor" version of a Dell Optiplex GX620. Anyways one was PCI-E and the other was PCI. I hope this helps.

Also note this: I know I should probably get a bigger computer, but at the moment I am pretty short on cash am looking just to get an upgrade for now.

you could also download cpu-z and find out what mobo you have, and then look it up and see what kinda slots are available for that cpu.

In one of them is some type of card though Im not sure exactly what. It has a teal-colored background in a spot where some type of 9-pin (5 on top, 4 on bottom) connector goes. It also has a spot for what looks like a S-Video cable on it. So there is one expansion slot left in the rear of the computer.

That's the VGA that you're seeing.

I took a look inside my computer and on the motherboard I only saw two slots. I know its terrible, but keep in mind its the "small form factor" version of a Dell Optiplex GX620. Anyways one was PCI-E and the other was PCI. I hope this helps.

The PCI-e will enable you to upgrade your VGA and the PCI, maybe an expansion card of some sort? Well anyways, if you're planning to upgrade your VGA, you can because it's a PCI-e slot.

Isnt VGA for the computer monitor? Also it looks as though VGA is a 15-pin connector. The one I am referring to is a 9-pin. And I probably made a mistake about the color of the background color. Its a more aqua-ish color. I checked an online manual and the slot on the card almost looks like its a serial connector of some sort.

Here is the page that I am looking at:

Documentation

If you look at the back view of the computer, you see two card slots and just to the right of that a section of back panel connectors. Well in my case the left most card slot is taken. The card has two connections. The one that looks like the S-Video connector which is located at the top of the slot. And the second is what looks to be a vertical version of what looks to be a 9-pin serial connector. On the diagram its labeled with a green background.

Also what struck me as odd was that the card was connected to another spot ont he motherboard by some sort of cable and not connected via the PCI-E or regular PCI slot.

Man I am more confused now than I was before.

No not really...Im just wondering how to upgrade my video card. But I heard an option on a video card where you can display what you would have on your computer screen onto a tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom