Gaming PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that setup, he can breeze through games at high settings, because 1024 x 768 is such a low resolution.

That is great news...thanks for all of this help guys, I built mine last christmas, but feel like i am not in the know of the latest stuff to come out.

Now....is there anything else that i could to to make it cheaper and not loose any performance....or to gain performance , but for not too much more money? Or is this as good as it gets....lol

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for the better deal on the same power supply.....that makes the total $710.50 and that includes XP Home.

So can I do better or is this about it???

Sounds like a pretty good deal....I guess I just need some reassuring....lol

If your friend can wait and spare a little more cash then he could get the 256mb 8800gt which would be a good bit faster.

Yep i picked up the 520hx from buy.com and the evga 680i sli board for my new setup. Still ends up 78 after rebate. IF you dont want to deal with rebates the 550vx can be had for around 83 bucks from buy.com. Both psu's are very similar with the 550vx having a single large rail and the 520hx having 3 12v rails. If the 520 didnt have a rebate i'd have stuck with the 550.

The modular will work great, because the case is fairly small.

Does the rest of this build look OK? Anything to make it better with not much more cost....or anything to make it cheaper and not lose performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom