New processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewgilchris

Solid State Member
I'm not too sure how I tell what I need. I know it's a AMD sempron 2800+ @ 2GHZ though. It's with gaming in mind. Around £100 or so would be great. Even cheaper would be brilliant. :)

Everest info:

I hope it is enough!

Thanks,

I'm not sure if they even sell Socket A processors anymore. Your best bet, is to have a look at ebay. Or upgrade to a new motherboard socket, like AM2. But that would lead into upgrading RAM. You can probably go with socket 939, although not much is around either. I would suggest saving up for a new system.

Iam not sure what all sockets of CPU I have around but if your willing to pay shipping/handling from USA Ill dig em out and look em up to see if I have anything youd want.

I've never fried my CPU on any PC so I do believe all the CPU are still good- theyve been in Static Proof Plastic baggies since I took them out of computers.

**looked**

Actually I don't think I have any "A"s left.... and the one in this is junk so sorry about that.

Id be lookin into newegg.. they have good stuff and all- you might get a mobo/cpu combo deal for around that, that would be better then what you have- not sure about RAM capable though.

Its getting harder and harder to find parts for Old computers because- they have no value in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom