xfx 8800gts 320mb 500mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are planning on getting one, dont. Wait two weeks for RV670 and buy either that or 8800GT depending on their performance.

i already got it n i got da best i could for my buck. n it is a kick *** card. i jus wana know how much juice i can get out of it when da need to overclock it arises. im jus think do u guys really think its possible to get 600-700 core clock when da stock is 500mhz? i mean sure those ppl on that link have cores clocked at 600 - 700 but how stable is that? n arnt they risking their card by overclocking so much? ps iv overclocked like 3 times in my life so forgive my lack of xp in these matters

Overclocking barely poses any risk when done correctly. And another note, is that it doesn't take much life out of the card either, when running the card that high for everyday gaming.

Those clocks that you see, some are stable, some are not. Depends on your case's airflow. If you got it good, you can reach those speeds. 600 should be easy to get, with good airflow in the case.

I'm not running a 8800gts but I've had my card overclocked from 500/500 to 750/790 with no problems when I had better airflow. I had to take a slot fan out so I don't run it as high but I can run 700/760 no problem. It all depends on your card so you have to test it. Don't just put the card to 700, start off lower, work your way up till you can't go any higher, then back down a bit, make sure to find what temps you should be around to.

ATI tool has a program that will test your max core and mem speeds, but is usually ends up crashing the computer before you get an answer. So just go about 10mhz lower than what caused the crash and watch the temps.

I have the XFX card and I can push around 700 core 1000 on the memory. I also use ATI tool and RivaTuner(to set the fan speed). Have had no problems at all. But I agree that right now is good to wait on the purchase. Just don't wait past the new GTS's or get the 8800GT. Either way.....Crysis is still gonna be tough to run!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom