Cooler for 8800Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaestro

Baseband Member
My 8800Ultra runs World in Conflict somewhere between 70C to 85C (usually high 70Cs and low 80Cs).

I'd like to buy a GPU/VGA cooler to replace the stock fan. Can someone recommend one that fits the 8800Ultra, works well, and looks somewhat good? I already know about the Thermalright HR-3, and I'm a bit hesitant to buy it because the the fan isn't built in, and I don't really want to spend that much.

Thanks.

EDIT: I've used up all of the fan pins on my 680i motherboard. Do the 8800Ultras (mine is an EVGA if it makes a difference) have an on-board (3 pin) fan pin in case I decide to replace the stock cooler with an after-market GPU/VGA cooler?

Heh right now there are only 2 aftermarket cooling solutions. The hr-3 and one other. And im really drawing a blank as to who the other maker was. Thermalright never puts fans with their cooling solutions because it allows you to get whatever fan you prefer.

Hey good call. I was lookin for the same thing.

I Think the other one is zalman. Don't quite me. But it says it fits the 8800 series and doesnt exclude the ultra.
info - ::: Zalman :::
price - NCIX FORUMS - does this fit on 7xxx series cards? - Zalman VF1000 LED Copper Heatpipe VGA Co...

keep in mind it probably cheaper in the US somewhere.

NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright HR-03 Heatpipe VGA Cooler 92MM *Fan Not Included* - HR-03 In Canada.
is the other one.. but I couldn't find one that 8800 compatable. In canada anyway.

What's your guys's take on the zalman? I'll probably grab aftermarket cooler as well. Seeing as I can't find the thermalright XD

edit~ b1gapl got to it while I was typing haha. ;p

another one is the Termalright HR-03.. which were the only 8800coolers out there... til the Zalman came otu.. (when what that..)

and Akubane got to it b4 i did..

oh another thing was they were both the same price. But the zalman comes with a fan. TR doesnt. That's about the only place you'll save money I think.

and lol XD

i believe all thermalright products are like that.. but it gives it the edge.. you can spend as cheap or as expensive as you want...

Thermalrights being high end coolers, don't exactly need an expensive or high cfm fan.

My 8800Ultra runs World in Conflict somewhere between 70C to 85C (usually high 70Cs and low 80Cs).

I'd like to buy a GPU/VGA cooler to replace the stock fan. Can someone recommend one that fits the 8800Ultra, works well, and looks somewhat good? I already know about the Thermalright HR-3, and I'm a bit hesitant to buy it because the the fan isn't built in, and I don't really want to spend that much.

Thanks.

EDIT: I've used up all of the fan pins on my 680i motherboard. Do the 8800Ultras (mine is an EVGA if it makes a difference) have an on-board (3 pin) fan pin in case I decide to replace the stock cooler with an after-market GPU/VGA cooler?

Thanks guys,

What about my edit above? Do the 8800Ultras (mine is an EVGA if it makes a difference) have an on-board (3 pin) fan pin in case I decide to replace the stock cooler with an after-market GPU/VGA cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom