Help OC Crucial DDR PC2-6400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, just boots standard no matter what I do to it lol... maybe I need to reset bios or something... maybe it's another awesome vista complication!

Nah Vista nor any other OS has anything to do with the BIOS. Besides, Vista boots up fine for me with my CPU/RAM/GPU OC'd.

You did turn off EIST and C1E before you started overclocking right? They're powersaving features that reduced the multiplier when the extra CPU power is not need. That could account for the lower speed.

You do realise that many programmes will always say 2.4Ghz. If you look at CPU-Z, it will tell you what multiplier and FSB that you are running.

yeah, I've noticed that despite the fact I've had the same settings now, opposed to before... I was getting 12000+ in 3dmark (plus 3dmark would tell me the actual GHZ) now I'm back down to 10000...

I updated bios, turned off CIE1 and EIST and am still seeming to have the same problem...

it boots normal, nothing uncanny... I have the settings in bios, plus I save and exit... but, it seems unresponsive to what I tell it to do

--edit

alright, so I put it into hibernate... forced it to shut off (because when I hibernate it my keyboard no long wants to function... next problem I need to fix)... I turned off the PSU... unplugged the power cable... then plugged it back in and turned on the PSU.... I could tell instantly when it booted up it was running better... now, it's clocked again? odd....

I am also learning, that the mhz went up with my CPU speed due to the FSB... I'm sure you guys hinted at that before but I'm just now catching on I believe...

But now that the CPU is clocked, the memory is clocked as well... how about memory timings???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom