DirectX 10 for Windows XP...download

Status
Not open for further replies.
But honestly how can they reproduce the textures and the way that the DX displays textures? They cant get the source code. They cant get the engine that does it. They cant get anything. the only thing they can do is reverse engineer DX10 to demo DX10 on XP. Only when M$ themselves decide to have XP support DX10 will it work right.

When Crysis comes out and is fully DX10 compatable i bet you it will work and run better on Vista than XP. Just as Halo 2 does. 1st becuase of the DX10. 2nd becuase the games were desinged for Vista. Just as the games that were desinged for XP work better on XP than Vista (By a FPS or 2).

Those who think it can be done are just kidding themselves thinking that this will be a gain. In the end you will look at DX10 on XP and think that it looks so great. Till you see what it really looks like. then you will wonder what happened and where it went wrong.

UnRAR'd all the files in the CAB and copied them to \system32\
some files were overwritten
got a BSOD on restart.

Either it's not stable, or I didn't install it correctly

Those who think it can be done are just kidding themselves thinking that this will be a gain.
If I get to avoid using Vista, I'll be happy.

If Microsoft refuses to make DirectX 10 for XP, I don't want to let that be a reason to switch to Vista.

I'll only switch to Vista if Microsoft can fix it up so that it works as it should.

But honestly how can they reproduce the textures and the way that the DX displays textures?

Those who think it can be done are just kidding themselves thinking that this will be a gain. In the end you will look at DX10 on XP and think that it looks so great. Till you see what it really looks like. then you will wonder what happened and where it went wrong.

My post from the other closed thread

Well, first, what do you mean by textures? I've worked with some 3D programming and the textures are created by the game designer, not by MS (unless MS happens to be that particular game's designer).

Secondly, maybe the hack won't run and look as good as DX10 in Vista, but maybe it will run and look better than DX9 in XP. If so, it is still beneficial to XP users, but not to the point of getting rid of Vista and reinstalling XP.

I still dont know what the big deal is. If your running enough ram and have a half up to date PC vista runs fine. The switch was 10x less painless that re-installing xp. I wont touch XP with a stick anymore. lmao

Oh it is? I havent been following at all XD That's pretty cool though. Will give people less of a reason to complain. Especially if it increases performance a bit. Not that youd notice too much if your PC's half good. Unless your runninc DX10 in crysis i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom