DirectX 10 for Windows XP...download

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Read the article man, it's EMULATING DirectX10 features through DX9 by having manually installed DX10 libraries for common DX10 games modified for use in XP. Nobody, except those who've been misinformed, is claiming to have literally brought DX10 to DX9... I'm trying this out right now.

edit// By the way, this isn't a idiot-proof installation, there is apparently some compiling and coding you have to do, it's still in its developmental stages and what's available now is only a "preview" according to what I've read from the links, so I wouldn't look into this yet

Besides, the "Very High settings" config-hack in Crysis already solves the DX9 vs DX10 dilemma and I'm sure most games will have similar workarounds for XP

*yawn*

Okay let me explain this again. This wont make DX10 work on XP. All this does is allow you to run expirements with DX10 on XP. It isnt fully functional nor will it allow your games to be DX10 in XP. So unless you want to run trials of what DX10 could be like on your XP install this is pointless and useless.

To build and run an example:
  • Go to the Microsoft DirectX SDK folder, Samples, C++, Direct3D10, Tutorials, Tutorial12
  • Double-click “Tutorial12_2005.sln”
  • Select “Start Without Debugging” from the Debug menu.
There are a number of known issues with most of the tutorials, but they will all work to some extent. Tutorial 12 is currently the recommended example.

Notice how it says run Tutorials. It does NOT allow DX10 on XP. Not fully functional nor workign with any games. They can not and will never be able to reproduce every M$ has done with DX10 in Vista for XP. Only M$ will be able to do that.

Can we PLEASE stop posting this now???
As i have already pointed out. This only allows for testing. It is not actual functionality. They do not have the source or the ability to reverse engineer all thigns with DX10.

Yeah they got it tested. As i stated there is no way for them to reproduce the full DX10. Since they can not get the models and everything that M$ has with DX10. I cant think of the specific model that they are missing but i know there is one that is very closed that is used by M$ with DX and they dont have access to it. To get access to it they would have to reverse engineer Windows. So they are still missing a big part.

You can install it. But DXDIAG wont show it.

Yea Iam not sure it'd be worth the effort- I mean its not really the "real" dx10, since thats based on the framework of Vista- youd have to reconstruct your XP to be more like vista to really make it work.. and for that effort.. just buy a vista upgrade...

also.. since its dx10 on XP- NO VERSION of it will be "legal" , they will all be Hacked, if you want legal your going to have to buy Vista.

*Note*
I don't doubt that they work- just won't be "true DX 10 performance" compared to the real deal. If ya got the computers/resources and time someone get a XP dx10 benchmark and then same set up use Vista and see what they rate as for those still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom