8800GTS/GTX psu requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah he knows about the GT but i was just saying if a GTS only has one power connector and it needs 26a how can a psu with 2 rails rated at 18a each be enough because you can only plug one in?

yeah he knows about the GT but i was just saying if a GTS only has one power connector and it needs 26a how can a psu with 2 rails rated at 18a each be enough because you can only plug one in?

Not to mention the fact you didn't read my statement carefully enough.

"People forget that the Amperage suggestion is not for the Card alone. Rather the entire System + the card. (Unless otherwise explicitely stated)"

So the card itself does not require 26 Amps, thats the reccomended amperage for an entire system AND the card. UNLESS, it specifically States someone on the specifications page that the CARD ALONE, by its little lone some self, requires a minimum of 26 Amps.

Yes, 26A is the requirement at which the card will run at.

What are u talking about? I said for the 8800gt's. u only need a minimum of 450W with 24A to run these cards in SLI. Like someone said, when they give requirements, they include the rest of ur system as well..Granted 450W with SLI sounds like a very small system

Double Again
People really need to remember that when the say minimum requirements for graphic cards they are talking about the the Amperage/wattage for AN ENTIRE system AND the Graphic card.

The only single time that is NOT true, is if they explicitly state, that such and such card needs minimum X amps/watts to run, the card alone, by itself...

And the case with newegg and most online sites is they list amperages/wattage needs for the entire system and the card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom