Computer just wont work(Wont start up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solid102

Baseband Member
I had this computer for almost 2 month now but recently seems to be acting a bit strange.

My specs are:

ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775

G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

The problem with the computer started when i tried to restart it and it simply wouldnt boot everything seemed to work the fans were spinning in every component yet it wouldnt boot as in the beep sound when a computer starts didnt sound off. One part thats intresting is that the DVD-R drive light would keep blinking green like it is reading something and make sounds. After a while leaving it for about 15 minutes or so on the computer suddenly worked and I realized this when the mobo beeped signaling its coming to life.

This was 2 days ago now yesterday late at night i was running windows when it suddenyl got really slow and froze so i restarted it manually and bam the computer wont turn on. I took it down started looking at all the components making sure everything was alright and in place I even disconnected the DVD drive completely to see if it is the cause of the problem but to now avail it just wont turn on normally. So i left it on went to my PSP hijacked someones wireless and went online to check if this problem is common and most the search result dealt with windows xp starting slow. While surfing the computer turned on i got too excitted went up turned it off to hook up the monitor,keyboard,mouse...etc and when i turned it on again it wouldnt work.

I left my computer on all night in hopes it would come to life but it just did not I am losing hope here as i am not sure what exactly is the cause of the problem. I tried flashing my mobo but the problem is still there.

One intresting note though is that when i used to turn my pc in its last couple days it would say keyboard not detected along other things not detected then it would say defult bios loaded and ask to hit F1 to continue.

Thanks for the long read and if you can please help.

Ok my computer worked and when it booted it listed these following problems:

1-Display switch is set incorrectly

2-CMOS checksum error

3-Override enabled

4-Keyboard error or no keyboard

5- this last one it gave it to me couple of times then stopped : Warning CPU

has changed!

After listing all this it says press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup. When i enter setup since i flashed the mobo the date was reset when i try correct the date the area where it shows which day it is flickers quickly between tues and wed and when i try to input 2007 it goes to 2056. I removed every hardware piece by piece and rebuilt the whole bloody thing I cant tell whats wrong is it my CPU, Mobo, Harddrive or powersupply all these parts are brand new and been working fine for sometime now.

For the love of god someone out there send some help as this is getting hopeless. Sometimes it turns on if i leave it on for long time on time turned right away which was after i rebuilt the pc.

35 views and not one reply! cmon people tell me anything so i can look it up in another forum.

Hey well I think your Bios is the problem here. Have you tried to set your Bios to default? If you have a Bios reset jumper on the motherboard unplug your power to the computer and jump that jumper to reset the Bios. If you don't have a jumper take the battery out for 5 min or so and also unplug the power when you do this too. Then set the Bios to default and save and reboot. The display switch is set incorrectly points to either a video card or motherboard problem. If you get it running try to get the latest drivers for your video card.

Hey well I think your Bios is the problem here. Have you tried to set your Bios to default? If you have a Bios reset jumper on the motherboard unplug your power to the computer and jump that jumper to reset the Bios. If you don't have a jumper take the battery out for 5 min or so and also unplug the power when you do this too. Then set the Bios to default and save and reboot. The display switch is set incorrectly points to either a video card or motherboard problem. If you get it running try to get the latest drivers for your video card.

Thanks for the reply mate. Well i did flash my mobo couple of time by taking out the battery and following the instructions in the instructions manual. When the computer decides to turn on i go to the BIOS load the defult settings and when it try to exit it freezes. Sometimes if i take too long browsing the BIOS it will freeze.

So next time i decided to rush to windows before it freezes and what happens is it gives me options ot load windows like load windownormally among couple other things and when i click load windows normally it goes to the black screen and siezes to work.

Checked your RAMs? Trying running Memtest86 on another computer if possible?

Hopefully i can find another computer with this type of mobo. I may buy an additional 2 gb ram or so but are you sure its ram as it seems its mostly the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom