Graphics Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolocity4

Baseband Member
Hello,

I just recently had a friend post on here asking a question for me..But now I have come back with another.

My current computer has a AGP slot and i'm currently trying to choose from the following two graphics cards.

EVGA Nvidia GeForce 7800GS

Or

XFX Nvidia GeForce 7600GT

In the last thread one of the questions I had was would my current Motherboard (AMD Athlon XP 3200+) would bottleneck the 7600GT...I was answered that it would not...But now I want to know if the 7800GS would be bottlenecked by my mobo? If not should I get the 7800GS over the 7600GT? If it does get bottlenecked is it still better than the 7600GT? Also what watt power supply is recommended for these graphics cards?

Thanks for anyone who helps. :eek:

22 people have looked at this and no one can help..?
53iwz9t.gif

I would probably go with the 7800 myself but i cant really see spending money on an AGP card for an old single core system with prices so low on current gen components.

What's that suppose to mean...? Are you saying you'd rather have bought a new Motherboard, processor and graphics card? Well I only have 150$, I don't have my parents money. So if the 7800 doesn't get bottlenecked by my Motherboard, then I have no problem with it.

Put that $150 in a savings account and throw in as much money to it as you can in the next couple of months.

Don't waste it on an APG over-priced POS.

get the 7800gs... but the guys are right... u shouldn't blow that much on an AGP card, plus it maybe bottlenecked by the 3200+, and u may require a PSU change

its really up to you..

Don't blow your money on something that isn't mainstream. Such as the AGP card you're planning to about to buy. Once a component is not the mainstream anymore, it'll cost more then a mainstream component. So I would just agree dhgunit that you should save your money, and not upgrade anything just yet.

he's not upgrading for a while.. like 9 months (he told me on xfire..) plus the 7800gs and the gt are the same price.. so why get the 7600gt ( if the 7800gs rebate is there with the same price and outperforms..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom