To wait for the 9800 Series from Nvidias or not to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

bull3tx2

Solid State Member
Im basically getting a new PC for christmas. I was wondering if I should buy an 8800GT now or is it worth waiting for the 9800 Card, and does anyone know around what time it will be coming out. So far my PC costs $1468.15, and my budget is around $2000. Does anyone have any idea how much the new cards will cost?

EDIT: The only thing left for me to include is my vid card btw

Waiting leads to more waiting. Just buy a GT (if you can find one) and enjoy it. This is THE price/performance winner, the only thing that will be coming out after this will be the nVidia 700-800 dollar flagship.

i don't think graphics cards are gonna jump to 700-800 dollars again.. with parts being cheaper to make.. it should stay 500-600 dollars

ya but no where neer as cheap, this is one of the cards with the biggest performence ratio over the price there has been in history.

hey u changed ur avatar........

anyways, ur very true, this has been. The RV670 is suppose to be better then R600, have a 55nm, n support DX10.1. We have to wait for it to come out n see if it truely is better then the 8800 GT.

if AMD kicks Nvidia's butt this time, especially in mid-range card performance ratio over price, then i will be happy as a dog ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom