dunno what to buy ?? vid cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixfeetdeep

Baseband Member
Ok i dont know very little about vid cards and am looking to upgrade my piece of crap geforce4 mx440. My comp specs are AMD XP 1700+ (buying a new processor long with vid card, probably XP 2800+), 1gb DDR, 400watt power, 8x AGP motherboard. I only want to spend 100-150 and have been told to buy the geforce4 FX5700 Ultra and that its the best card in that price range although the top end of that range. Is there any cheaper or better cards for that price?? Oh by the way i think i like the geforce over ATI been told the drivers are better so if its an ATI card it would have to be quite a bit better than the 5700 ultra.

Any input is appreciated =)

hey i had the 440, well my dad did, we just upgraded to a pny geforce fx 5700 LE optima 128mb ddr agp, it hasn't failed yet and my dad got it for like 110, i think it's realy some thing like 130.

The Radeon 9600XT is a bit over $150 here but its a pretty good card for gaming and can hold up for some time before you will need to upgrade to something better. My buddy has one at it runs games fairly well.

Click Here

yep, just like icedragon said, it is more than $150, but not by much

also, though i dont recommend it, you could get a sapphire ATI 9600xt 256mb for $160. . .

but i dont recommend it, just an idea if you dont care who makes the card

Yea well it is kind of a temporary solution for a card, but yea what the hell you make your own choice based on your own preferences.

i only know ATI cards, sorry i can't realy help with that one. just keep asking and you'll find some thing. i know what you mean by wanting to stay with the same brand of card.

my friend has one and he plays Nam and viet comg and black hawk down on good setting as well as generals

i have a ti 4200, excellent cards, although they are outdated for gaming so im getting another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom