Phenom Pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Hey there. I was curious to know about Phenom pricing. Now, I'm assuming since I can't find anything in Google, that nothing has been released yet, but any speculated numbers or guesses?

I'm particularly interested in the quad-core Agena 9600 or 9500. They are going to be released in about 2-3 weeks from now, I've read somewhere an exact date of November 22nd, 2007. I'm surprised that they have yet to release any pricing information... I'm just itching to make a new Phenom X4 + 8800GT SLi build, like, almost going crazy o_O

I also wonder what route AMD might take. Will they be competitive by making it cheaper than the Intel Core 2 Quads or will they sell it at a premium due to superior performance? What does history tell us? I know very little about the history of CPU pricing...

My guesses are, they will start at a premium, but lower significantly, to cater to the lower end of the market.

I'm curious as to the pricing as well.
AMD Phenom X4 compared to Intel Core 2 in Crysis | NordicHardware
The phenom gets beat by the E6850, QX6850 and QX9650 in crysis benches.
Course those are the extreme intel chips. Which are damned expensive.
So if the phenom won't be as much as those thats good. I'd like to see it compared to the Q6600. Haven't been able to find anything though. I may as well wait till it comes out to see lol

AMD is most likely holding out on announcing prices so Intel can not counter it before release.

That benchmark with Crysis is not right. The bus is running HALF of the Stock speed and the memory is around 12% lower than stock.

I'm curious as to the pricing as well.
AMD Phenom X4 compared to Intel Core 2 in Crysis | NordicHardware
The phenom gets beat by the E6850, QX6850 and QX9650 in crysis benches.
Course those are the extreme intel chips. Which are damned expensive.
So if the phenom won't be as much as those thats good. I'd like to see it compared to the Q6600. Haven't been able to find anything though. I may as well wait till it comes out to see lol

those benchmarks r bullcrap, even if it's a preview or a prediction. U can tell that this guy is an intel fan boy.

AMD has much faith into this Phenom. From what ive read about it's architecture, compared to Intel's QX9650 from my understanding, AMD really has a good shot at beating Intel, especially the HT 3.0 reaching 3GHz n up. I mean, the HT 3.0 is built on the CPU die as a memory controller n this is how K8 became successful over Pentium 4 n C2D, if the C2D is not OCed.

those benchmarks r bullcrap, even if it's a preview or a prediction. U can tell that this guy is an intel fan boy.

AMD has much faith into this Phenom. From what ive read about it's architecture, compared to Intel's QX9650 from my understanding, AMD really has a good shot at beating Intel, especially the HT 3.0 reaching 3GHz n up. I mean, the HT 3.0 is built on the CPU die as a memory controller n this is how K8 became successful over Pentium 4 n C2D, if the C2D is not OCed.

agreed, K8 is already not THAT far behind C2D unless it's overclocked, and K10 has many improvements over K8, and if priced well it should be able to gain back some market share, hopefully enough to keep them from filing bankrupcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom