Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigsaw250

Solid State Member
I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 PC and am looking to get a video card upgrade for it. Im not looking for the most high end video card out there, but something decent would be nice. Only problem is that I have no idea where even to start with looking for a video card.

I have heard that there are some types of video cards in which there is a TV output option to display stuff from the computer and onto the TV. Is this true and if so, would it work on the typr of computer I have?

Any recommendations for video cards would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 PC and am looking to get a video card upgrade for it. Im not looking for the most high end video card out there, but something decent would be nice. Only problem is that I have no idea where even to start with looking for a video card.

I have heard that there are some types of video cards in which there is a TV output option to display stuff from the computer and onto the TV. Is this true and if so, would it work on the typr of computer I have?

Any recommendations for video cards would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Well if you dont want the best of the best you can opt for one of these Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N765-AR GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail Nvidia cards, I have one and it runs my games fine, the drivers for the 8 series though are a little weak from what I have found, but they are definately making progress with them...or you could go with an equivalent ATI card if you prefer them.

Get the 8800Gt 512 from frys.com for 229. Right now its THE best bang for the buck. Its only slightly more expensive than the 8600 and completely blows it away.

true that, if you can go for the 88s, I was just thinking of an inexpensive decent card...if you game 88s are great! If you dont and want to save a few bucks 86s are ok also...didn't know the 88s were so cheap now :freak:

The 8600 is only about 50 bucks cheaper than the new 8800gt. the only reason to get an 8600 is if you are using it for a home theatre pc where you need HD and arent gaming.

Ok here is my next question then: What is the difference between things like EVGA, PNY, XFX, etc? And is there a certain type that will only work for my computer or will they all work? Lastly, will these 8800 GT's work with my processor? Im pretty sure its a Pentium 4 @ 2.8 ghz.

Warranty and customer support. Firstly you need to find out if board has a pci-e or agp slot for the video card.

I talked to somebody about a video card a while ago and told him what kind of PC i had. And he said that I needed a card for a PCI-E slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom