8800 GT: To SLI or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaV II DARK II

Gears of War King
As we all know the 8800 gt is an amazing card at an amazing price. My question is should I SLI 2x 8800 gt or just use a 1 card setup? Will the 680i have major OC problems and does it OC and perform that much worse than P35?

I've seen some people not able to OC their 8800gt to Pre OC edition speeds in some reviews... Does this mean anything? Should I buy a OC version or Non OC'd? Are the OC versions the same card or do they have better heatsinks and what not?

Not sure how the overclocking is going to be. But for the price that fry's has them on sale i couldnt be bothered to pay an extra 50 bucks to get the SSC edition, if and when people ever get them in stock. Also most benches have shown that overclocking these cards isnt as much performance as overclocking other cards. I figure if i can get them up close to 700/2000 in SLI they should keep me happy for a while. Now to sell this gts 320.

Not really. But a bit. Although you'd have super smooth gameplay, with that setup.

I figure sli gt's will hold me well into next year. Glad i held off on the xfire 2900s. Think a 520hx will be enough to handle 2 or should i just spend the extra 30 bucks for the 620. Or is there a better deal going right now than a corsair 620 @ 110AR.

the only issue with SLi is that you need to get a 680i......

nothing con about the board... but it is overpriced.. but the p35 is a better board for the price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom