Hissing sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACIDDROPPER

Baseband Member
i've noticed a very strange hissing sound coming from the system during different times. the most noticeable is when thief deadly shadows is loading up. when all the logos of the publishers and stuff at the beginning are being displayed, i can hear the hissing sound VERY well. but if i skip all of the stuff at the beginning and go to the main menu of the game, it stops. i also hear hissing when i am in starcraft. when the game is at the part where im waiting for everyone to join a game. i hear the hissing sound but when the game starts, its gone. another instance is when im using my mouse wheel to scroll sometimes on web pages. the most recent tweaking i did is replace the cpu heatsink/fan. does anyone know why theres this sound?

Maybe the hdd doesn't have enough screws to hold it on and vibrates. I had that problem before but, in this case I don't know if that is the problem.

is the hiss like the hiss of a snake? maybe some thing is rubbing against some thing and causing friction. do what bell said and locate the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom