Problem leads to format.... now the format is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gweedo99

Solid State Member
2.6 P4
Some gygabyte board.... dont know the model off hand.
A standard segate 120gb 7200rpm ide HD.
G4 ti4200 128mb
512mg 2700

Ahoy, been scouring the posts here for a problem related to mine. No luck. First I should say that I live in a big house with a lot of people and this computer is widely used. So some of the information may be a tad blury. My room mates comp was on the fritz. It first started about months ago. He turned the comp on one day and it got to the "Starting Windows" screen. The next screen was a quick shot of the blue screen of death, then the comp restarted. It was an endless cycle.

I checked it all out... he said "F" it.... just format the drive. So I format and reinstall XP pro. Alls fine and dandy for a week or to. Then he gets some message saying that some system32 *.dll is missing, and it wouldnt load the explorer. I dont know what caused this. So we're stuck looking at his desktop and playing with the Task Manager. He says "F" it again.... not much on there yet.... just reformat. And thats where I am now. I load the cd-up... start the installation, get a fresh partition in there.... format it. ................5%.................26%.................47%..............62%..............
............................72%..............72%........................72%.

It stays at 72%. You could let it sit there for 10 hours and it wont get past 72%.

Anyone else have this problem. Any suggestions would me much appreciated.

Thanks
Gweedo

Nope. Nothing at all.... just wont get past 72... How would I go about checking and fixing it if it is bad sectors?

No dice. SMART alert error or something..... I've resorted to having him send it to Seagate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom